I came across this quote this morning while reading through the online paper -- These young people, they are so busy knocking, they don't realise that the door is open.
I smiled when I read it. There are so many things around me that are constantly shouting for my attention; whether it is the advertising companies, my company, the latest fashion or trends, or the country's latest policies or scandals. All these are clouding my vision on the more important thing in my life, that is my relationship with my loved ones.
Sometimes I forget to simply enjoy the short moments I spent with my mom, or sis, or niece, or even my brother. In the midst of trying to find my path and to enhance my current lifestyle, I wonder whether I'm missing the point. Is seeking self acknowledgement that important? Is being the next house owner gives that long-term satisfaction?
