I've come to realise that happiness is not lasting when the times are always good. Because then, I take for granted the good things and become complacent. Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning (Ps 30:5). By avoiding everything that is bad, I lack the opportunity to learn from them and improve myself. I lack the opportunity to build my character and be a better person. I lack the chance to be grateful and give thanks.
I'm on my way to achieving my dream. I've just been offered a job at The Star at the section that I wanted. It feels good when things fall into place as I hoped for. But honestly I'm also fearful of my future challenges. It'd be tough and draining. I know I'd have to work very hard as well as get a lot of pressure and scolding. These are expected since they are meant to improve my skills. I just have to convince myself to react positively to them and take it as life lessons to learn, instead of issues to complain about.
I feel more at peace with myself these days; more convinced than before that I needed God and His wisdom in my life. I am re-reading the book "I kissed dating goodbye" and it reminded me of principles that I've chosen to ignore. Looking back now, my own efforts have not brought me to the result that i want, instead i have been broken over and over again :/
A thing that i learned while in AIESEC was "if wrong results, change strategy". It's funny how i have led life so far by doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different outcome. If i keep taking the same route, i shouldn't expect it to lead to somewhere else other than the destination before.
