Monday, 21 February 2005

Change is the only constant thing

Change seems to be the only thing I've been experiencing over the last few months. I can't say I welcome all of them because some changes were more difficult than others. Most of them were changes that were not within my control, which made it even more tough to manage.

By far, my job change has been the most positive and I must say it's even better than what I expected. I thoroughly enjoy the company of my colleagues, who joined The Star almost the same time as I did. They are great girls, and we have a lot of laughter and fun while working together. It makes waking up in the morning to go to work easier and sometimes looking forward to.

Additionally my editor has allowed me to take on some challenging interviews and that has given me opportunity to speak to more people and get to know different industries. I've learned a lot but it is still a long learning process. I have high expectations of myself and what I want to achieve within the next two years here. I'm glad I'm having a good headstart.

I foresee there will be more change to come -- "If you are not living on the edge, you are taking too much space".

To a certain extend, I'm feeling a bit exhausted in the body, heart and mind. I hope I'm mentally and emotionally stronger after going through all the changes so far, and be able to take on bigger challenges in the coming days. For now, I wish that those days won't come too soon ...