Thursday, 26 July 2007

Warren Buffet, Potter and who else ...

As someone who writes financial news, i am 3 years late in reading Buffet's principles. nonetheless, it is never too late to learn. much to my surprise, his letters to shareholders are easy reading and pretty amusing - witty and dry sense of humour. (again, general perception fails here - i thought finance geniuses are boring dudes; well BUffet is definitely not one of them).

"But I don’t think I could do the management job they do. And I know I wouldn’t enjoy many of the duties that come with their positions – meetings, speeches, foreign travel, the charity circuit and governmental relations. For me, Ronald Reagan had it right: “It’s probably true that hard work never killed anyone – but why take the chance?”

For more Buffet's, check: http://www.berkshirehathaway.com (I love it when i can gain knowledge for free :P)

Another book that i have successfully finished reading (in four days) is the latest Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows. when i finished, i thought to myself that the series is quite a children's book. it's engaging and entertaining nonetheless. felt like i grew up with Harry since i read the first book back in 2001. wow, 6 years passed.

I'm re-reading Personality Plus and now having a good time trying to figure out temperaments of people i meet on a daily basis. while it's not exactly a good plan to put people in a box, it does help me to manage them better.

Like today, i was ticked off by someone whom i felt was indecisive and emotional. after considering that perhaps she's a Phelgmatic, who prefers not to offend anyone and yet get offended easily, i told myself to calm down and figure out how best to manage her.

A friend said, balance is quite a hard balance to achieve ...