Wednesday, 6 August 2008

Customers deserve better

This is an email I wrote to Maxis after months of frustration with the wireless broadband service.

To whom this may concerned,

I'm very dissatisfied and disappointed with Maxis services. It's as if I, your mobile phone customer for the past 8 eights, am at your mercy for decent services.

I couldn't reach your broadband customer line for NUMEROUS TIMES, especially whenever i need to enquire on the wireless broadband breakdowns, or in regards to my bill. I was kept ON HOLD for at least 15 MINUTES, following which the line breaks by itself.

How am I suppose to seek technical assistance or get clarification on my billing if I COULDN'T REACH MAXIS?!?! Am I supposed to come to your office every single time I have a problem with the wireless broadband???

And FINALLY when I'm able to speak to someone, I found out that I have to remember when I made the last call to notify Maxis to connect my broadband account with my postpaid mobile account (so that I could get just a RM20 discount on broadband fees). Am I suppose to remember and record every time I made a call to the customer service???

Even if I could bear the customer care poor services, I am APPALLED by the terrible quality of Maxis wireless broadband. It is expensive and the services are not even up to par. the connection BREAKS DOWN by itself ever so OFTEN, or couldn't connect at all. the speed is SLOW, therefore limits my download activities. A Maxis representative told me that this was due to me living on the 15th floor and therefore would have to succumb to the slow and weak connection. Am I suppose to shift house just to get a better connection?? Shouldn't Maxis at least be improving their infrastructure so that users living at high floors could enjoy equal quality of connection? Maxis' marketing gimmick claimed there was no contract to the wireless broadband subscription but I was told that customers have to pay RM200 if they were to terminate the service in less than a year -- isn't that already in itself a form of contract???

Honestly, I'm just waiting for the one year period to lapse so I could TERMINATE the services because it is definitely not value for money and a hassle to spend so much of my precious time to just call customer service, which is not much of a service at all.

I certainly hope some measures are taken to up your service quality. In any case, you have lost me as your customer already. I have no intention of considering any future Maxis services and I would definitely tell my friends and family the same, if ever they asked for my feedback.

Best regards,
Yeow Pooi Ling