Friday, 25 September 2009

The art of waiting

Whenever I whine about work, my colleague always tells me, "all good things come to those who wait..."

It reminds me of my ex-boss, Anas, who used to tell his audience (he's a corporate trainer) that he kills time by reading. He reads when Q-ing and he reads when he's waiting, which is why he always carries a book or a magazine with him wherever he goes. Quite a good habit, I must say, but difficult to practice for myself because I keep forgetting to bring a reading material out, or there's just nothing much I want to read.

But waiting can be more than just lining-up to buy goods/products. Waiting also happens in life. Waiting for the pregnancy to be over and welcome the birth of a child. Waiting for summer to arrive while coping with the cold of the moment. And obviously, waiting to meet the love of your life before being swept off the feet and lived happily ever after (this unfortunately, might never happen no matter how long one waits...hehe)

Tick tock, tick tock ... the clock is ticking ...

M waiting for the good things and hopefully, 50 years down the road, I'd be grateful that I had waited ... :)