
With my 6-year old niece
Originally uploaded by ypooiling.
The 10 days that have passed has taught me a lot on parenting and taking care of elderly people. I was house-sitting for my brother, taking care of his household which includes a 6-year daughter and half year old son. Additionally, I was sharing the responsibility with my mom.
I have learned that parenting is serious business. One shouldn't trespass it without being fully equipped.
I've learnt that parenting comes with a heavy responsibility - a role to teach and equip the child with values and ethics that will guide him/her towards adulthood. Both father and mother are equally important. They have to work hand-in-hand to nurture and discipline their child.
I also realised mom is not growing younger by the day. She is also not as agilent and adaptable as she used to. I admire her for her cheerfulness and optimism in life. But she also has habits which are difficult for me to accept.
At this point in time, I'm convinced that I only want to bear one part of the above responsibilities. I'm not prepared to dive into marriage, child bearing and parenthood anytime soon. Singlehood for now is considered as bliss :-)
