I missed my flight to Dubai. For the first time in my life, i missed a flight. It wasn't a pleasant experience.
I got my flight details on Sat evening at 8PM and it didn't cross my mind that i should check in within four hours. i thought it was the following evening hence i missed the flight by one day. I found this out when i was already at the airport on Sunday evening and the Emirates staff told me my mistake. They could only put me on standby but cautioned that i was unlikely to get a seat as the flight for that evening was overbooked.
True to their words, at 11.55PM, they had to give me back my e-ticket and told me that there was no seat. With other stand-by passengers, I harassed them for another 20 mins. There was no alternative as it was the only flight on that night. Finally i had to succumbed to defeat and left the office in disappointment. also, i had to tell the PR person in Dubai that i'd miss her event.
Just not my luck.
