What does it take to have a good time?
Not much; just good chums, a bottle of wine (or more), homemade banana crumble & fried rice (with char siew!) ... and yes, Sex in the City DVD (even if the pirated ones have technical prob) :P
My strategy class yesterday talked about looking at the BIG PICTURE and how to be good at it. The local counsellor's advice: If you're not good at it, then be the #2 in the company/organisation".
On the same day later, I found out my high school friend has breast cancer. She's the same age as me. I was shocked, speechless and for a second wondered what's the big picture.
My pastor, in his sermon today, said during tough times, learn to wait and watch, and be dilligent in the daily responsibilities. The day will come when God will reveal more, he said. In my friend's case, I pray that God in His mercy will bring good out of her circumstances.
I guess it's a daily reminder that every day that I'm still alive is a blessing and grace from above. Makes the workload, difficult bosses/colleagues, relationships (or the lack of it), emotional baggages n rainy days look trivial in comparison. Puts a lot of perspective into place too.
Yes, I wish I have done more with my time, and I believe I can do more but right now, I'm just grateful that I have the opportunity to do them.
