Wednesday, 24 June 2009

Europe again

Europe has a special meaning for me because of the people I've become friends with over the years. Each place holds a fond memory that brings back much laughter. Returning to Lithuania and revisiting ol' friendships, which I found still as fresh as it was yesterday. The warmth of it is a reflection of life's goodness and gift. The city has changed quite a bit, with more high-rise and skyline but the people I know are still who they are.

The trip was also an experience of a new environment; of going back to school and meeting people and networking. I forgot how relatively easy student life was ... It was good to get to know people and find common bridges, and making a connection that ticks. I sometimes forget that we can still find good friendships in later years of life.

It was a trip of much thinking and reflection; even in the little time that I had. The quiet walks by the beach, watching the sun or by the park, observing people and their daily chores. Such peace and tranquility ...