J, during lunch, blurted out, "life's too short to be bitching about someone, but since you asked, I tell you lo ..." The table burst into laughter.
But since then, I have kept reminding myself of the quote. Life is indeed too short to allow a person, an issue, or a thing to rile us up. Might as well spend that precious time to think of happy thoughts, or do things that make us happy, or bring a smile to our faces. The frown is not worth it to add on to our already aging skin.
When the day started on the wrong note, or someone's stupidity got the better side of things, or work just piles on and on, I can choose to bitch about it, or just let it go and move on with life. These irritations won't matter anymore anyway next year, or 3 years down the road, etc ...
And if the situation becomes unbearable, there is always a bunch of friends who are ever ready to jump in for a session of drinks. ahhh, a pint with good company is always helpful to lift the mood :) Thank God for them!
